Unlike how it seemed March dragged on, April flew by for me.
We celebrated Maggie’s 10th birthday earlier in the month, and in the background, you can see Lucy who was locked in the dining room behind a baby gate.
After spending a few weekends in a row busy with plans, I finally got a weekend to myself, and of course, I went shopping. But it felt good to not have plans and just do whatever I wanted.
Other things I did this month: went on a breakfast date with Josh, got my license renewed, and ordered and assembled my balcony furniture. Work is getting to our busy time with the end of the semester and commencement coming up in the middle of May, so I’m just trying to take it a day at a time and get ahead on work whenever I can.
I’ve run a bunch and gone on a few walks this month. The weather is finally nice here in New England, so I’m taking advantage of that to run outside. On a few of those walks, Josh has joined me, and it’s one thing we really like to do together, just go on some short walks around my neighborhood.
I have a 5K race coming up on May 7, and I also signed up for a 4-miler on July 4, which I ran last year. There’s also one in mid-July that I’ve been looking at but haven’t signed up for yet.
Nothing makes me happier than being able to read and have a baseball game on in the background. However, that also acts as a distraction to how bad the Red Sox are doing right now.
What I’m Watching
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Law & Order
- Law & Order: SVU
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- The Endgame
- Bar Rescue
- Home Town
- Queer Eye Germany (S1E4-S1E5)
- Conversations with a Killer: The John Wayne Gacy Tapes (E1)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (S5E5-S5E16)
- Below Deck Mediterranean (S5E11-S6E2)
- The Dropout (E5-E7)
- The Girl from Plainville (E1-E6)
What I’m Reading
- A Novel Obsession by Caitlin Barasch: 5 stars
- In a New York Minute by Kate Spencer: 5 stars
- Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid: 2 stars
- Other People’s Clothes by Calla Henkel: 5 stars
- My Mess is a Bit of a Life: Adventures in Anxiety by Georgia Pritchett: 4 stars
- Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah: 5 stars
- Fake by Emma Katz: 3 stars
My Questions For You!
- How was your April?
- Does it feel like spring where you are?
- What’s something you’re looking forward to in May?