I survived Election Week—thanks to stress painting, wine, and chips and queso—and found out the race was called for Joe Biden when I was at the hair dresser—the one time I left my house and stopped watching TV for a few hours. I already have plans to take Inauguration Day off and will be planning a very good snack menu. Let’s hope Steve Kornacki finally got some well-deserved rest and snacks.
The first week of the month seemed so long and then the rest of the month flew by. I was off from work the entire week of Thanksgiving and today as well. I was really looking forward to the time off but there were a few afternoons that I was bored/couldn’t find anything to do.
It was just myself and my parents for Thanksgiving; we’ve stayed home the last few years, anyway, so it wasn’t nothing new. I helped out with making a few of the dishes and spent most of my day watching the Macy’s Parade, the dog show, and football.
I’ve run a total of three times this month. THREE. I’d like to blame the fact that it’s getting cold out—I mean, it is November in New England—but I’ve also been lazy. Since I’m working from home, I don’t really have access to the indoor track in the gym on campus where I usually run this time of year after my work day. We have a treadmill downstairs at my house, but treadmills suck.
I have been doing a lot of walks, though, with my mom at night. I’m disappointed in the lack of holiday decorations in my neighborhood…maybe it’s just still early? Says the person who lives in a house that put up Christmas lights outside two weeks ago.
So the Giants have won a few football games, which is exciting! But I’m still honestly wondering why the NFL is still trying to operate during a pandemic. You’d think they would go, hmmm, when the Denver Broncos are out of quarterbacks because they all have to quarantine and they wanted to use their offensive quality control coach, maybe something is wrong? The NFL denied the request but, at this rate, sure, let him play. It also seems like they didn’t really build too much cushion into the regular season to accommodate any postponed games. Can they play double headers like MLB does? Just a suggestion.
What I’m Watching
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Dr. 90210
- FBI: Most Wanted
- Big Sky
- Dating #NoFilter
- Law & Order: SVU
- The Unicorn
- North Woods Law
- Lone Star Law
- Whose Line is it Anyway?
- Ratched (S1E7-S1E8)
- The West Wing (S4E6-S4E12)
- Netflix is taking TWW off in the end of December and I highly doubt I can watch three and a half seasons by then so…
- John Mulaney: The Comeback Kid
- The Boys in the Band
- The Unicorn (S1E10-S1E18)
- Good Girls (S1E1-S2E3)
What I’m Reading
- The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis: 3 stars
- Against the Loveless World by Susan Abulhawa: 4 stars
- Afterlife by Julia Alvarez: 4 stars
- Musical Chairs by Amy Poeppel: 4 stars
- Dominicana by Angie Cruz: 4 stars
- Trust: America’s Best Chance by Pete Buttigieg: 4 stars
- Can’t Event: How Millennials Became the Burnout Generation by Anne Helen Petersen: 4 stars
- The Lions of Fifth Avenue by Fiona Davis: 4 stars
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama: currently reading
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi: currently reading
I DNF’d 3 books I got from the town library. I’m not sure if I really couldn’t get into them or it was just the wrong time to read them.
My Questions for You!
- How was your November?
- For my American friends, how was your Thanksgiving?
- Are you looking forward to anything in December?
- When is it too early to start playing Christmas music?