Uh, it’s September tomorrow?! When did that happen? This summer flew by, even though it wasn’t a typical summer at all. I’m here for the cooler weather, though; the multiple 90 degree days we had in August just weren’t for me.
I think the biggest thing that happened to me this month was that I started drinking coffee. I’ve stunned everyone in my world because it took me 26 years to drink an iced coffee. I’ve also been able to start doing more “normal” things, like going out to stores, and my parents and I went blueberry picking the other weekend.
I definitely fell off this month. I only ran 23 miles, which is much less than what I normally do in a month. It was hot this month, and I switched up my running times; I stopped running in the morning during the week before work, and I think that’s where I slipped up. I’m trying to get back on track for September and run 3 days a week: twice after work during the week and one weekend morning.
I registered for a virtual 5K that takes places the 12th to the 17th. (I actually did the in-person one last year.) There’s another virtual race I’m thinking of signing up for that takes place next week. That one will be 7.40 consecutive miles run/walked.
Honestly surprised MLB is still up and running. Things weren’t looking too good at the beginning of this month. The Red Sox just need to burn everything to the ground and start from scratch.
Also is the NFL even happening this year? The season starts next week and I feel like I haven’t heard a thing about how they’re going to handle the games. Apparently my fantasy draft is next week, too, which is news to me.
What I’m Watching
- Say Yes to the Dress
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Lone Star Law
- Red Sox games
- Hannibal (S1E1-S3E1)
- Queer Eye (S1)
What I’m Reading
- What the Eyes Don’t See: A Story of Crisis, Resistance, and Hope in an American City by Mona Hanna-Attisha: 4 stars
- Something to Talk About by Meryl Wilsner: DNF
- Know My Name by Chanel Miller: 5 stars
- The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai: 5 stars
- Take a Hint, Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert: 4 stars
- Deacon King Kong by James McBride: DNF
- Pasty by Nicole Dennis-Benn: 5 stars
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera: DNF
- Darling Rose Gold by Stephanie Wrobel: 4 stars
- Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall: 5 stars
- The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez: 2 stars
- The Watergate Girl by Jill Wine-Banks: currently reading
My Questions For You!
- How was your August?
- Is there anything you’re looking forward to in September?
- Are you excited for fall?