Frozen Pineapple Margarita
Things You’ll Need
- Half a bag of frozen pineapple (the bag you find in the frozen section in the store works just fine; I used to use it for smoothies)
- 3 oz tequila (or the equivalence of 2 shot glasses*)
- 1.5 oz triple sec (or one shot glass*)
- Ice cubes
- A splash of lemonade
- A splash of water
- Blender (this is the one I have but I got it from QVC)
- Blend together frozen pineapple until in small chunks.
- Add in tequila and triple sec and blend again.
- Add a handful of ice cubes, blend.
- At this point we added a bit of lemonade (which you didn’t really even taste anyway) and then water to try to loosen up the mix because it was still a thick slushy. This, plus some more blending, made it more of a thin slushy.
- Rim your glass** with salt (and hopefully do a better job than I did).
- Pour your margarita slush into your glass and enjoy!
Makes about 3 servings.
*I don’t own actual measuring equipment for drinks, so a shot glass is the next best thing, and I think a regular shot glass is 1.5 oz? I used a Boston Red Sox 2018 World Series Champions one, but you can use any of your choosing.
**Apparently the only “real” glasses we have in my house are Christmas-themed, thus the dogs in sweaters on my glass. My mom’s had Christmas trees on it.
Notice how I put the recipe at the top of the post? It’s because I was tired of scrolling through everyone’s entire life story on Pinterest to try to find a margarita recipe. Another issue I encountered was that there was just a vague recipe or one for 12 servings. So I ended up relying on my vast knowledge of making drinks a la Bar Rescue and hoped for the best. This came out pretty good, and even my mom liked it.
You could really use any fruit, whether it’s fresh or frozen, but we had a leftover bag of frozen pineapple from my smoothies, and I like pineapple-y drinks.
We had tacos for dinner, which paired well with the margarita. The recipe was easy enough that I could see making these on the weekend when my pool is up.
Did you do anything for Cinco de Mayo?
LikeLiked by 1 person
“Notice how I put the recipe at the top of the post? It’s because I was tired of scrolling through everyone’s entire life story on Pinterest to try to find a margarita recipe.”
You made me laugh … because, what’s the deal with all the endless musings wrapped around pretty staged photos. I’m here for the recipe, dammit!
Plus your pineapple margarita is scratching an itch. I have a blender and this is going on tonight’s menu. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Exactly! I hate having to scroll through so much text and photos to just get to the recipe. It’s ridiculous.
I hope you enjoyed your margarita!
[…] made frozen pineapple margaritas for Cinco de Mayo. And yes that’s a Christmas glass. Don’t […]