As I explained in this post, I’m a Giants fan living in New England. It’s a struggle. And it’s even worse when the Patriots are back in the Super Bowl, again.
I guess by default I’m rooting for the Eagles, which pains me a little since they’re division rivals of the Giants. I root for whoever can beat the Patriots, because I don’t want to have to deal with them winning back-to-back Super Bowls.
I’m going to watch the game, regardless, because I like football, and my mom makes the best snacks for the Super Bowl: mozzarella sticks, wings, popcorn chicken, mini meatball sliders, taco dip, and homemade ice cream sandwiches.
My pre-game will include watching the Puppy Bowl, assuming my dogs won’t bark the entire time and ruin it.
So I guess to pass the time during the Super Bowl, it can be made into a drinking game.
- The announcers talk about Carson Wentz
- Drink again if they show him on the sidelines
- Any mention of Tom Brady’s daughter being called a “pissant”
- Mention of Tom Brady and Bill Belichick
- Talk about how crazy Eagles fans are
- If the temperature in Minnesota is below zero
- Drink again if they show a shirtless guy
- Mention of the Vikings almost making the Super Bowl and the chance to play in their own stadium
- Any mention of the wardrobe malfunction that happened the last time Justin Timberlake performed at halftime
- Drink again if Janet Jackson or NSYNC appear at halftime
- Talk about Gronk’s concussion and/or TB12’s thumb
- Any mention of the 2005 Super Bowl featuring the Eagles and Patriots
- Dilly Dilly
- Someone mentions that the Eagles haven’t won a Super Bowl yet
- The Eagles are called “underdogs” and that weird dog mask is shown
- Any commercial sucks
- Any commercial that doesn’t make sense
- They show the Mall of America
ALSO fun fact of the day: The Patriots would currently have seven Super Bowl rings instead of five if they hadn’t lost TWICE to the New York Giants.