As the great Taylor Swift once said, “August slipped away into a moment in time…” This summer has gone by SO fast and I’m not happy about it. The real end of the summer to me is when the students move back to campus at work, and they did in fact move back into the dorms last weekend. This was the first week of classes, and it basically means summer is over.
I’ve been able to do a lot this month, like go to the beach again, go to Brew at the Zoo, take myself on a solo date, go to my first Hartford Yard Goats game of the season, go to the Springfield Museums, and go back to Great Awakening Brewing.
I also went to see The Little Mermaid, which was put on by the theater group I volunteer with. It was their youth production, so the cast was between 10-22 years old, and if I had one ounce of talent they have, I’d be happy.
I finally got back to running! I saw my doctor in July and she said to wait 6 weeks before running since I had COVID at the end of June. I decided to run on the indoor track on campus to start out, and I’d walk .10 after running every half mile. My total distance was either 2 or 2.5 miles. I want to start back easy since I have asthma, and although I use an inhaler before I run, I don’t want to overdo it right away. It felt good to get back to running, and I’m going to sign up for a 5K race in October (I haven’t run a race since May!)
Similar to last month’s post, the Red Sox are still atrocious. I think I’ve watched less than 5 games this month. And I hate to say that I’m looking forward to football season.
What I’m Watching
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Say Yes to the Dress
- Below Deck Med
- Selling Tampa (E1-E8)
- Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn’t Exist
- Married at First Sight (S10E1-S10E3)
- Selling the OC (E1-E3)
- Day Shift
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (S7E9-S8E10)
- Below Deck Sailing Yacht (S1E14-S2E8)
- Only Murders in the Building (S2E4-S2E10)
- Not Okay
What I’m Reading
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin: 4 stars
- On Rotation by Shirlene Obuobi: 3 stars
- Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren: 3 stars
- The Impossible Us by Sarah Lotz: 4 stars
- Hooked: How Crafting Saved My Life by Sutton Foster: 5 stars
- A Hundred Other Girls by Iman Hariri-Kia: 2 stars
*I also reached my goal of reading 50 books for this year this month!
My Questions For You!
- How was your August?
- Did this summer go by fast for you?
- What are you looking forward to this fall?