I want summer to slow down! It can’t already be August.
Some highlights of the month:
- I (finally) tested negative for COVID
- Josh and I went to the beach
- I celebrated one year in my condo
- Josh and I celebrated our one year anniversary
I’ve also seen my parents a few times along with the pups, and I went to see Pippin last weekend with my friend from work, her husband, and Josh—our own kind of double date. (The musical was a bit weird but I actually really liked it. My friend and I had another friend who was in the show, so we went to support him.) Josh and I also went to a free music Friday at the local casino and went to a homebrew showcase yesterday.
I took the week of the 18th off, which was something I was looking forward to. Because of the heat wave we’re in, I did a lot of indoor activities: I had lunch with my mom, got my hair done (more blond!), lots of reading and watching tv, and then our one year celebration afternoon trips.
Between recovering from COVID and being in the middle of a 90 degree heat wave for half of the month, I haven’t been able to run. I went to the doctor to get my inhaler refilled and she said to hold off on running for at least six weeks, so I have to wait until the middle of August at this point. I’ve gone on a few walks, but I’m just feeling unmotivated, which sucks.
Our close, personal friend David Ortiz was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
The Red Sox are atrocious. That’s why I was able to get through all five seasons of Selling Sunset (see below).
What I’m Watching
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Say Yes to the Dress
- Selling Sunset (S1-S5)
- Selling Tampa (E1-E2)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (S6E12-S7E8)
- Below Deck Sailing Yacht (S1E12-S1E14)
- Single Drunk Female (S1E5-S1E10)
- Only Murders in the Building (S2E1-S2E3)
What I’m Reading
- True Biz by Sara Novic: 3 stars
- Let’s Not Do That Again by Grant Ginder: 4 stars
- Meant to Be Mine by Hanna Orenstein: 2 stars
- The Unsinkable Greta James by Jennifer E. Smith: 4 stars
- Grave Reservations by Cherie Priest: 4 stars
- In My Dreams I Hold a Knife by Ashley Winstead: 4 stars
- Post-Traumatic by Chantal V. Johnson: 3 stars
- The Wedding Season by Katy Birchall: 5 stars
- 100,00 First Bosses: My Unlikely Path as a 22-Year-Old Lawmaker by Will Haskel: 4 stars
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane: 4 stars
My Questions For You!
- How was your July?
- How hot is it where you are?
- Do you think summer is going by too fast?