Cons of the month: Roe was overturned and I got COVID. I had a good run, I guess, making it over two years before getting it. I tested positive last Saturday morning, and thankfully I can utilize Health Services on campus, so I called them Monday to let them know and they did a short in-take with my symptoms.
I took 3 COVID sick days Monday-Wednesday, and today I started working from home. I’m still testing positive, but I’ll keep testing daily until I’m negative. Fortunately, I had a very mild case of it, just a stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, and body aches early on. Mostly everything has gone away as of today, but I’m just overall tired.
My parents have dropped off a few rounds of groceries, and my mom’s been in touch with me daily since I have to quarantine by myself. I’m starting to get cabin fever and can’t wait until I can go places again, but granted, do I even want to go places again if I managed to get COVID?
I ran a 5K race early on in the month and had full intentions of training for a 4-mile race on July 4th, but well, COVID. I’d try to go for a walk but it’s like 85-90 degrees here, so I can’t even do that.
I’ve sort of been watching the Red Sox but not really. No reason why 🤷🏻♀️
Josh and I did go to an AHL Calder Cup Finals game this month, though, which was fun. Our home team, the Thunderbirds, lost that game and ended up losing the championship series in 5 games, but it was cool to go to the game since the team hadn’t been in the Calder Cup in over 30 years.
What I’m Watching
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Home Town Kickstart
- Law & Order (a ton of old reruns)
- Stranger Things (S4)
- The Lincoln Lawyer (S1)
- Snowflake Mountain (E1-E8)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (S6E4-S6E11)
- Below Deck Mediterranean (S6E15-S6E17)
- Below Deck Sailing Yacht (S1E1-S1E11)
What I’m Reading
- State of Terror by Hillary Clinton and Louise Penny: 4 stars
- Finlay Donovan Knocks ‘Em Dead by Elle Cosimano: 5 stars
- Lease on Love by Falon Ballard: 5 stars
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab: 5 stars
- Joan is Okay by Weike Wang: 4 stars
- Cover Story by Susan Rigetti: 5 stars
My Questions For You!
- How was your June?
- How have you been keeping busy?
- Any plans coming up in July?