This month felt like it took forever. Like I’d think it’d be a week ahead of time but then I’d look at the date and it’d only be the beginning of the month. Not quite as bad as how March 2020 felt like a year itself, but pretty close. And I don’t know why but this has just felt like a rough month. Nothing terrible has happened but I’m just not feeling a lot of things. Hopefully, April will be better.
However, I did find out that Josh was planning to take me to Cooperstown, NY to the Baseball Hall of Fame for my birthday in May. I went once in middle school with my parents and always wanted to go back. We’re going right after my birthday (May 26-28) and I’m so excited. It gives me something to look forward to, and I can finally get away for a little while.
I ran my first 5K race of the year last weekend! I had done it before in 2019 and was looking forward to running it again.
So, way back when, pre-COVID, I was supposed to run a St. Patrick’s Day 10K which was ultimately cancelled the week before since it was right at the start of the pandemic. It wasn’t run again in 2021, but it was on for this year, and I guess through all of my deferments, I was still registered 🤷🏻♀️ But there was no way I could run it this year. I mean, I could, but it’d be messy. I did get my bib and t-shirt, though, so yeah, maybe next year?
I did get new running sneakers this month, which I’m happy about. And so far, so good. I really like them.
Baseball is back, folks! It’s been nice to catch spring training games on TV and I can’t wait until the regular season starts.
Josh and I went to our third Springfield Thunderbirds game of the season this month. For people who don’t understand hockey, we sure do go to a lot of games. But they’re fun and the tickets are affordable.
What I’m Watching
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Resident Alien
- Home Inspector Joe
- Law & Order
- Law & Order: SVU
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- The Endgame
- Inventing Anna (E9)
- Queer Eye Germany (S1E1-S1E3)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (S4E18-S5E4)
- Below Deck Mediterranean (S4E4-S5E10)
- Only Murders in the Building (S1E5-S1E10)
- The Dropout (E1-E4)
- Dopesick (E1-E8)
What I’m Reading
- Yinka, Where Is Your Husband? by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn: 5 stars
- Vladimir by Julia May Jones: 4 stars
- Black Girls Must Be Magic by Jayne Allen: 3 stars
- Please Don’t Sit on my Bed in Your Outside Clothes by Phoebe Robinson: 4 stars
- We Are the Brennans by Tracey Lange: 4 stars
- The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix: 4 stars
- Stamped From the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi: 4 stars (audiobook)
- Pretty Things by Janelle Brown: 3 stars
My Questions For You!
- How was your month?
- How’s the weather where you are/do you get all four seasons in one week like we do in New England?
- What are you watching right now?