I got my first COVID vaccine shot this month! I go back this Sunday for my second shot. I’m so grateful and it makes me feel like we can maybe return to some sort of normal soon. I’ll have a separate post coming soon about my vaccine experience.
Things are about to get a bit crazy with work as we’re entering May and commencement time. Once we make it past the middle of the month, maybe we can all take a deep breath.
I dyed some of my hair purple! I used to have colored hair a few years ago but figured I’d bring it back because there are no rules in a pandemic. I’m calling it my Pandemic Purple. It’s underneath, so I can hide it if I want to but you can still see it if I curl my hair.
I’ve also started the process of condo searching! 🙈 I started looking back in January online at what places were available and after talking with my parents and waiting a few months to save up some more money, this month I got in touch with a real estate agent and a mortgage lender. It’s a bit scary but I’m excited for the possibilities and change. I’m looking locally—nothing really farther than a half hour away from work—but nothing I’m looking for is available right now. But I’m glad at least I got the process started now.
I only ran a handful of times this month and went on a few walks. I’m trying to be better about listening to my body and what it wants, like not forcing myself to go for a run if I really don’t want to. If that’s the case, I’ll maybe go for a short walk instead to at least get out of the house.
I actually wrote a bit this month of my story! I’m going back and adding in a new character—it’s a cat—so I have to revisit the 10+ chapters I’ve already written to include a cat. Which is really a very me problem. I haven’t had much time to work on it, though. Hopefully this summer I can spend more time on it.
We’re one full month into baseball! I’m honestly surprised at how well the Red Sox are doing. They’re currently in first, which is honestly surprising. I was a bit worried coming into this season with the group of guys they have, but so far so good? (Hopefully I didn’t just jinx them.)
The NFL Draft was last night! Why is the beginning always so awkward? I felt like I was cringing through Goodell’s introduction, granted, I don’t disagree with the booing he got. Anyway, I’m happy to see 3 Alabama players go in the top 10. I told myself I was only going to stay up until the Giants picked at number 11 and then they traded that pick to the Bears, dropping themselves to number 20, so I called it a night and went to bed. I was hoping the Giants would get either Waddle or Smith from ‘Bama but at least they drafted a WR.
What I’m Watching
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians
- FBI: Most Wanted
- Law & Order: SVU
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- To Catch a Smuggler
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- New Amsterdam
- Good Girls
- Worn Stories
- Big Time Rush (S1E16-S2E26)
- Why Did You Kill Me?
- Queer Eye (S5E8-S5E9)
- This is a Robbery: The World’s Biggest Art Heist
- Marriage or Mortgage (E1-E4)
- John Wayne Gacy: Devil in Disguise
What I’m Reading
- His Truth is Marching On: John Lewis and the Power of Hope by Jon Meacham: 5 stars
- Three Single Wives by Gina LaManna: 3 stars
- Joint Custody by Lauren Baratz-Logsted and Jackie Logsted: 4 stars
- Milk Fed by Melissa Broder: 4 stars
- Fans: How Watching Sports Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Understanding by Larry Olmsted: 4 stars
- If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha: 4 stars
- A Burning by Megha Majumdar: currently reading
- When No One is Watching by Alyssa Cole: currently reading
I’m still working on my answers to your questions post that should be out next week! Just in case anyone is patiently waiting for it haha.
My Questions For You
- How was your April?
- Are you excited for spring?
- Are your allergies as bad as mine?
- Anything fun planned for May?