For being the shortest month of the year, February took forever. But I can’t believe tomorrow is March. I can’t believe we even made it out of March 2020 to make it to March 2021. Next month will be a year of working from home, and I’m going to put together a big post about my one year in quarantine.
That being said, I’m still working from home. We got a big snow storm in the beginning of the month, and it was nice to not have to worry about driving to work in the snow. I just put on my comfy clothes and worked from my bedroom.
I’ve been busy the last couple of weeks planning social media posts for the theatre group I’m volunteering with (the one I talked about in my January monthly recap). So far everyone has been really great to work with—everything has been virtual—and I’m excited to work with them.
The weather has been sort of getting to me, and I’ve accidentally not left the house a lot, so my plan for March is to try to make small plans to get out, even if it’s running errands or just going for a drive.
I went to the library last week, which, as we all know, is my favorite place. I hadn’t been in over a month, so I let myself take out 8 books.
The library was requiring you to make an appointment but as of March 1, you don’t have to have one anymore to go in and browse. They’ve been doing curbside pick up since last June, which I did once, but I like going inside to look around at books instead.
I’ve run once this month! Hahaha. It’s been cold and gloomy and snowy here, and I am such a fair-weather runner that the only day I ran outside was on an afternoon that was in the high 40s and sunny. I’ve gone on a few walks in the mean time, and I’m trying to get back into yoga even though I’d rather just lay in my bed.
*laughs uncontrollably* I haven’t touched my story since the very beginning of the month. I went back and reread what I had written and made some edits. And I haven’t opened up the Google doc since. Not sure how this is going to work out for my New Year’s Resolution of completing it by the end of this year…
So yeah, things are going fine, why do you ask?
Baseball has reported for spring training in the last few weeks, which is exciting. Maybe they’ll start the season on time?
What I’m Watching
- Prodigal Son
- FBI: Most Wanted
- Resident Alien
- To Catch a Smuggler
- My Feet Are Killing Me
- Mr. Mayor
- Call Me Kat
- The Unicorn
- Law & Order: SVU
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Arrested Development (S1E16-S1E22)
- Designated Survivor (S2E6-S3E10)
What I’m Reading
- Educated by Tara Westover: 4 stars
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle: 3 stars
- American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson: 3 stars
- Spirit Run by Noé Álvarez: 4 stars
- Crazy Stupid Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams: 4 stars
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman: currently reading
- The Talented Miss Farwell by Emily Gray Tedrowe: currently reading
What I’m Listening To
- Bax & O’Brien
- Pod Save America
- That’s Messed Up: An SVU Podcast
- Mea Culpa
- Coffee—Quinn XCII and Mark E. Bassy
- Easy—Troye Sivan, Kacey Musgraves, Mark Ronson
- drivers license—Olivia Rodrigo
- Watermelon Sugar—The Maine
My Questions For You
- How was your February?
- Is there anything you’re looking forward to in March?
- Anything you’d like to talk about?