Thanks to Bex for the Sunshine Blogger Award nomination! Go follow her—she’s great! 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so that others can find them.
- List the rules.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the award and ask them 11 new questions.
What do you do for work?
I work at a university in the marketing department doing web and social media. And, under normal circumstances when we’re not in a pandemic, I work as a semi-professional ice cream scooper on the weekends.
What do you do for fun?
Read, run (yeah, I know), hang out with my dogs.
What is one of your go-to meals you make at home?
Okay so I don’t really cook since I moved back home—thanks Mom!—but I do make snacks for myself at night, because I’m always hungry. My go-to is normally cheese, either pepperoni or salami, and crackers. If I’m really feeling fancy I’ll throw in a glass of wine.
What is a topic you could talk about for hours?
Really any obscure baseball topic: bullpen carts, position players pitching, paying minor leaguers a living wage, pace of play, etc.
Who would play you in a movie?
Katie Stevens from The Bold Type.
What’s your go-to karaoke song?
Fast Car by Tracy Chapman
Have you been fired from a job? Do tell!
What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again (and that was two summers ago)
What’s the best gift you’ve ever given?
Weirdly enough, the birthday and Christmas gifts I gave my ex-boyfriend come to mind. I used to put a lot of effort into them, and I painted so many things for him that he could have definitely used for wood kindling after we broke up.
But I can’t really pin point one specific gift, but my favorite gifts are ones that I’ve made myself to give to someone.
What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
I was fortunate enough to have my own car to learn to drive on when I was 16, and I had it until I bought my SUV in 2017. My parents bought a Chevrolet Cobalt that I loved and was a great little car.
What would be you final meal if you were on death row?
Caesar salad, baked ziti, and mint chocolate chip ice cream.
(That’s close enough to 11, right?)
- What’s your favorite outfit to wear?
- If you could meet anyone from the past, who would it be and why?
- What skill would you like to master?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
- What “old person” things do you do?
- If someone narrated your life, who would you want to be the narrator?
- What artist or band do you always recommend when someone asks for a music recommendation?
- What’s one song that you can’t stand hearing?
- What do you do for fun?
- What’s your second favorite color?