This was kind of a quiet month at work. There weren’t too many events on campus and my work load wasn’t too crazy. But I know March into April will be busy. We did a cool project with the school mascot—and I might have conquered my fear of mascots? (Or at least my fear of this mascot. Regarding other mascots, I’ll have to get back to you.)
The ice cream shop opened last week, and before you ask—yes, we always open this time every year. I worked last Saturday and I worked today. It’s really nice to see all of the girls again and catch up.
So. I’ve been having a like-hate relationship with running this month. It got to the point where I hated running, like hated it. I’ve been working through some things when it comes to running and I hope it’ll get better. I’m two weeks out from my 10K race, and I think I’m ready for it. I’ve been following my training plan as best as I can, and now it’s my “practice plan” because the connotation of “training” made me paranoid about my times.
But in other news, my ankle is bothering me anymore! So that’s a good thing.
Baseball starts in a month! And the Red Sox have a manager now! (But the league hasn’t released its findings of the investigation into the team yet…)
What I’m Watching
- Prodigal Son
- FBI Most Wanted
- New Amsterdam
- Schitt’s Creek
- Law & Order: SVU
- Dr. Pimple Popper
- My Feet Are Killing Me
- Lincoln Rhyme: The Hunt for the Bone Collector
- The West Wing: S2E11 to S3E7. I’ve kind of fallen off with this show but it’s because I haven’t had time to watch it. (I did buy a “Barlet for America ’98” sticker, though, for my planner.)
- I Am Not Okay With This: I’m about four episodes in and I like it. It’s from the producers of Stranger Things, so obviously I had to watch it.
What I’m Reading
- The Nix by Nathan Hill: DNF
- Deep State by Chris Hauty: 2 stars
- The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams: 4 stars
- Get a Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert: 2 stars
- Trick Mirror: Reflections on Self-Delusion by Jia Tolentino: 4 stars
- Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Anker: DNF
- Reputation by Sara Shepard: 3 stars
- Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J. Ryan Stradal: currently reading
February went by so fast, folks! The only fun thing I did this month was get dinner with a friend from college. I had a bunch of doctor’s appointments, though. And I did take a day and a half off from work, so that’s a good thing.
Here’s a picture of my cat, Stella, sitting like a human.
My Questions for You!
- How was your February?
- Was it as boring as mine?
- Do you do anything for Valentine’s Day/St. Patrick’s Day?
- Anything you’re looking forward to?