I celebrated my one year work anniversary in the middle of the month! Things overall are okay lately. I just think I’m in kind of a funk and don’t feel like I have control over everything I’m working on. I’ve also had to come in late or leave early for doctor’s appointments, and I was out sick last Friday, so I’ve been kind of all over the place and haven’t had just a good chunk of time to get things done.
The ice cream shop closed this past weekend, so I’m looking forward to my first free weekend this weekend since the middle of July. I do miss the girls over the off season, and I’m going to try to meet up with a few of them over the winter. Also, I can’t believe next year will be my 10th season there!
I haven’t run as much this month as I would have liked. It seemed like I had a bunch of doctor’s appointments or other prior engagements after work that were cramping my running schedule. I also got new running sneakers, so fingers crossed I can stop all of my blisters.
I’m hoping I can get on a three times a week schedule in November. I’m a little more than a month out from my last 5K of the year, and then I’ll be training for the St. Patrick’s Day 10K. I’m running between 4 and 4.5 miles every time a run, so I’ve at least upped my mileage a little bit.
The World Series is a lot less stressful when your team isn’t in it. I’m hoping the Nationals win tonight.
As for football, it’s rough being a Giants fan. It’s a little better being an Alabama fan, though. And I’m trying to get my fantasy team back on track because I’m 3-5 😦
What I’ve Been Watching
You can check out my post from earlier this month to see what I’ve been watching this fall!
- How to Get Away with Murder: I just started season three. I haven’t had too much time to watch Netflix but I’m hoping to finish all of the seasons on Netflix before the end of the year.
What I’ve Been Reading
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: 5 stars
- Because Internet by Gretchen McCulloch: 4 stars
- The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna by Juliet Grames: 4 stars (Book #50 of the year!!!)
- Whisper Network by Chandler Baker: 2 stars
- Barack and Joe: The Making of an Extraordinary Partnership by Steven Levingston: currently reading
I wish I was posting more on here! I looked back at my blog calendar spreadsheet from last year, and I had 3-4 posts per week. I’m averaging about one per week now.
My Questions For You!
- How was your October?
- What are you doing for Halloween?
- Are you dressing up?
- Any good last minute costume ideas for me? (Since I have nothing planned. I’m just staying home and handing out candy.)