Over yonder on the Twitter, I was tagged by Bill at A Silly Place to share five words to describe me and six of my favorite things. He made his into a post, so I might as well, too. The 280 characters on Twitter are great and all, but there’s only so much you can type in a tweet. (That would be 280 characters.)
This post is making a special Thursday appearance as I have a prescheduled pre-Super Bowl post set for tomorrow night. So yay for special posts!
Five Words to Describe Myself
- Sarcastic: It’s a blessing and a curse. And it’s even worse if I know you really well.
- Dependable: If I say I’m going to be somewhere or do something for someone, I follow through on it. (Unless some strange outside force prevents me from doing so.)
- Creative: I’ve been writing for years, and I enjoy arts and crafts. Plus I think you have to be creative if you’re in the marketing field.
- Helpful: This has come back to bite me in the butt sometimes by overhelping others, but I like to be available to others to help with something, especially if it’s something they don’t know a lot about and I do and can make their lives easier by helping out.
- Organized: In every job interview I had while I was looking for a new job, they’d ask me what my strength was. And I always said organization. I rely on my planner and to do lists and the files on my computer at work are part of an extensive folder tree, folders on folders on folders. I have notes grouped on my desk by “thing” and recycle any papers I don’t need anymore, so I don’t get a Mount Everest of papers on my desk.
Six of my Favorite Things
- Favorite sports team: Boston Red Sox
- Favorite TV show: Law & Order SVU
- Favorite book: The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
- Favorite song: “Wish You Were Here” by Led Zeppelin
- Favorite movie: Little Miss Sunshine
- Favorite animal: Dogs!
You don’t have to specifically pick those six things as your favorites; I think you can pick whatever as long as they’re your favorite!
I think I’m also supposed to tag people but I’m gonna change things up and leave it open to you guys! You can share your responses in the comments or in a new post.