Since I started running more seriously earlier this year, I wanted to keep track of my runs to see my progress when I was training for my 5k. At first, I was just keeping track in the notes section of my phone, but I felt like it was getting messy with the more runs I put in.
So I created a Google spreadsheet. It’s actually two sheets. The first is my list of 5k runs in my area for the end of this year and next year with the name, date, how much it is to register, when to register by, and the race’s website. I did it so I wouldn’t miss any runs that I wanted to do and so I can keep track of how much money I’m spending on registration.
How I keep track of my runs
I have it organized by month, and the total miles calculates as I put in my runs. The (N)’s in the run description stand for “neighborhood” runs; when I used to run on my old high school’s track more, I marked those runs with a (T).
I sync up my Fitbit when I run, and I also use the RunKeeper app by Asics. It’s easier for me, though, to see them in the spreadsheet. Plus I can keep track of my total miles. For 2019, I’ll start a new spreadsheet.
My current running playlist
There have been some staples that have remained on my playlist since college, but I try to change it up with new songs so that it doesn’t get stale.
- Bad Liar by Selena Gomez
- Fall Out Boy
- The Kids Aren’t Alright
- Alone Together
- Heart Skips a Beat by Olly Murs
- Geronimo by Sheppard
- Delicate by Taylor Swift
- Panic! At The Disco
- Ready to Go
- I Write Sins Not Tragedies
- When The Day Met The Night
- High Hopes
- Sammy Adams
- Comin’ Up
- Coast 2 Coast
- Marianas Trench
- Here’s To The Zeros
- You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring
- What Kind Of Man by Florence + The Machine
- No Excuses by Meghan Trainor
- Pray For Me by The Weeknd
- Everything Is Fine by All Time Low
- Sunday Morning by Parmalee
- Start Again by OneRepublic
- Don’t Stop (Color on the Walls) by Foster The People
- Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer
- Not Your Birthday by Allstar Weekend
- Jackie Chan by Tiesto
- Edge of Seventeen by The Wind and The Wave
- Shake Me Down by Cage the Elephant
- Growing Pains by Alessia Cara
Do you keep track of your runs? What’s on your running playlist?