I ended up doing a lot this month:
- Met up with an old friend for dinner and drinks (I’ve known her since the fifth grade and I reached out to meet up since I hadn’t seen her in a few years.)
- Went on an ugly sweater pub crawl* with Josh, Josh’s best friend and his wife, and Josh’s sister and her fiancé.
- Josh and I had a movie night sleepover on my queen-size mattress in the living room.
- Went to a holiday talent show put on by the local theater group I volunteer with.
- Went home for dinner and got to see the pets for the first time since Thanksgiving.
- Had two work holiday parties, one was campus-wide while the other was just for my department.
- Went to Josh’s family’s holiday party.
- Started my winter break on December 21st—and will be off until January 3rd.
- Celebrated Christmas early with Josh, and then went home for the holiday weekend.
- Went to a holiday light walkthrough with Josh (I’ll have a post about that next week).
*The crawl wasn’t what we thought it’d be—a bit disorganized and no drink/app specials at the bars—but we did get some nice photos out of the night.
Lots of walks and bike riding this month! Riding the stationary bike for 45 minutes isn’t bad when I’m also watching an episode of Dynasty.
I somehow made it to the final round of our fantasy football playoffs? For the first time ever? I’m most likely going to lose but being in the finals is just an honor.
What I’m Watching
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- FBI: Most Wanted
- New Amsterdam
- Law & Order
- Law & Order: SVU
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- Dynasty (S3E3-S4E3)
- Enola Holmes
- Harry & Meghan
- Ghislaine Maxwell: Filthy Rich
- I Am Vanessa Guillen
- Home for Christmas (S1E1-S1E3)
- Crime Scene: The Times Square Killer
- Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields
- Don’t Pick Up the Phone
- Catching Killers (S1-S2)
- The Kardashians (S2E3-S2E10)
- Taking a Shot at Love
- Christmas Class Reunion
- Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies
- Three Pines (S1E1-S1E4)
What I’m Reading
- Dog Friendly by Victoria Schade: 3 stars
- The Winners by Fredrik Backman: 4 stars
- How the Light Gets In by Louise Penny: 5 stars
- Jobs for Girls with Artistic Flair by June Gervais: 3 stars
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain: 5 stars
My Questions For You!
- How was your month?
- How were your holiday celebrations?
- Any plans for New Year’s Eve? (I’ll be heading to my parents for the afternoon and then coming back to my condo to try to stay up until midnight.)