I’ve lived in New England my entire life, so I’m used to having four seasons—and if we’re lucky, we get all four in one week. Once November and December hits, especially when we turn the clocks back, it gets dark, cold, and sad. We haven’t gotten any snow yet, and it’s been “warm,” meaning mid-40s to mid-50s temperature-wise.
But that doesn’t mean I’m not fully embracing all of my favorite winter cozy things:
- The moment I get home, I change into sweatpants and a hoodie. It’s the best feeling to take off my work clothes and get into my comfy clothes. (This is something I do year-round, changing as soon as I get home from work, but it’s the best in the wintertime.)
- Additionally: fuzzy socks and sherpa pullovers.
- All of the blankets! I have a blanket bucket in my living room, and at any one time, there’s a blanket on the couch.
- Crock Pot meals on Sundays are becoming a favorite. I got a Crock Pot last year for Christmas, and it’s been super helpful. Josh comes over on Sundays for football, and we’ll have dinner together. This past weekend, I made a white chicken chili, and it was so good. Plus I can have leftovers early on in the week for dinner.
- I have a rotation of holiday-scented candles going in my living room. I’ll swap them out weekly, and I like to burn them for a couple of hours at night.
- Getting out in the sun for natural light and warmth. Since we’ve had somewhat mild temperatures lately, I’ve been going for long walks in my neighborhood. I bundle up but it’s nice to get out in the sun and move for a bit.
- My couch is incredibly comfortable and you can’t beat an afternoon couch nap under a blanket.
- I can only have one cup of coffee a day—if I have more, I feel like I’m going to crawl out of my skin—so I enjoy my afternoon mug of coffee with festive coffee creamers. I’m finishing up a pumpkin one before moving onto peppermint mocha. That being said, I’ve also brought out my holiday mugs to use this month.
What are some of your favorite winter cozies?
Ooh just reading this post felt cozy!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m slowly getting into the holiday spirit by just having my Christmas tree up with all the sparkly lights doing their thing every evening while having dinner. You really just can’t go wrong with twinkle lights, especially when it gets dark so early nowadays.
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] Giants tied the Commanders this week, I thought I would yield my time to our resident Giants fan, Becky, for an official statement on the matter: “As a life-long sports fan, I know the highs of […]
[…] Becky has her favorite ways of staying cozy. […]