Some of my monthly adventures included seeing Mamma Mia!, going to a brewery with some of my co-workers, and taking an afternoon trip to West Hartford with Josh that included going to Elizabeth Park, New Park Brewing, and World of Beer in Blue Back Square.
I finally got around to hanging up stuff in my living room and office to make it look like someone actually lives here. I also decorated for Christmas the weekend before Thanksgiving because there are no rules.
I got my COVID booster the Sunday before Thanksgiving; my first shots were Pfizer, but my booster was Moderna. I got it on that Sunday because I took the week of Thanksgiving off from work, and I wasn’t sure how I’d react to the booster. Luckily, I felt fine, just a bit tired and my arm was sore into Tuesday. I hung around Sunday and Monday watching Netflix, which wasn’t terrible.
I went home for Thanksgiving, and you can read the recap here, which includes pet pictures and what entire bottle of wine I drank throughout the day.
Overall it was a pretty good month. It went by so fast, though; I can’t believe tomorrow is December 1st and we’re only a month away from 2022.
And here’s your monthly Lucy picture!
I haven’t run once this month. And I’m honestly just winging it. It’s cold and dark after work, so it’s not even like I could run at night. I’ve gone on a few walks in my neighborhood, and I’ve done yoga a few times. I found a YouTube channel that has 30 minute no equipment workouts that I might do. I just want to move my body, whether that’s walking or yoga or a quick workout.
I hadn’t watched a Giants game in weeks and this past weekend I decided to watch the game and almost had a heart attack in the last two minutes. They’re 4-7 on the season, which is similar to my fantasy football record of 5-7. I was on a good streak for a few weeks but lately haven’t been doing as well. It doesn’t help I had a few weeks when everyone was hurt or had COVID.
Josh and I are going to another Thunderbirds game next month, which I’m really excited about since I had a lot of fun last time we went.
What I’m Watching
TV/YouTube TV Library
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Law & Order: SVU
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- New Amsterdam
- CSI: Vegas
- The Blacklist
- The occasional Hallmark Christmas movie
- Succession (S1E1-S1E2)
- The Circle (S3E8-S3E13)
- Special (S1E7-S2E8)
- The Princess Switch
- The Princess Switch: Switched Again
- The Princess Switch: Romancing the Star
- Love Hard
- Jonas Brothers Family Roast
- Psych 3: This is Gus
- Below Deck (S6E9-S7E8)
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine (S1E1-S2E6)
What I’m Reading
- Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama: 4 stars
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett: 4 stars
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller: currently reading
- The Little Clan by Iris Martin Cohen: currently reading
My Questions For You!
- To my American blogging friends: How was your Thanksgiving?
- Have you decorated for Christmas yet?
- Do you have anything fun planned in December?