September went by so fast! But this last week, I’ve felt like I’m in a funk. I don’t know if it’s because of everything that’s going on—the election, RBG’s death, we’re still in a global pandemic, etc.—but part of me feels exhausted, another part feels angry, and part of me is just like blah. That being said, folks, you better 1. know how to vote in your state, and 2. VOTE. My parents and I submitted our applications for our absentee ballots this month, and we’ll be getting them in the beginning of October—since you can use COVID as a reason for absentee voting in Connecticut.
But I am excited it’s finally fall, although fall doesn’t seem to last too long in New England. It gets fall-ish for a little while and then it’s just cold and miserable until March.
Uh, yeah, so running…I’ve definitely fallen off the running wagon. I think one reason why I ran so much in the spring/summer was because of the uncertainty with the pandemic. Running felt like it was one thing I could still do.
Now I’m leaving the house a bit more—granted to the library and to run a few errands—and, I don’t know, my body just isn’t screaming, “Hey, let’s go for a run!” I’ve been taking long walks, which are nice. I’m running about once a week, and it’s about a 5K distance; it’s something. I don’t know what I’ll do once it starts to get dark at 4:30 p.m. since I don’t really have access to the indoor track this winter.
I did a virtual 5K this month and I’ll be doing a virtual 10K and 5K next month.
Well the dumpster fire that is the Red Sox’s season has been put out as they just quietly road off into the sunset that is the off-season. Ron Roenicke has been relieved of his duty as Sox manager, so at this point, either I could probably manage the team or I wouldn’t be mad if Alex Cora came back.
I’ll watch the postseason games but I really don’t care who wins?? Well, as long as the Yankees or Astros don’t. So literally any other team but the Yankees or Astros.
The New York Giants are yet again showing us that they aren’t good at the American football. Saquon Barkley is out FOR THE SEASON with a torn ACL and Sterling Shepard is out for at least a few weeks with turf toe. RIP my fantasy football team 😦 I’m hoping the Giants might be able to win at least one game this season? They went 4-12 last season, so I’ve set the bar pretty low.
What I’m Watching
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Manhunt: Deadly Games
- Filthy Rich
- Red Sox and New York Giants games
- Queer Eye (S2E1-S5E6)
- The West Wing (S3E18-S4E4)
What I’m Reading
- The Watergate Girl by Jill Wine-Banks: 5 stars
- What You Wish For by Katherine Center: DNF
- Big Friendship: How We Keep Each Other Close by Aminatou Sow and Ann Friedman: 4 stars
- Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man by Mary Trump: 4 stars
- You Never Forget Your First: A Biography of George Washington by Alexis Coe: 4 stars
- Thank You for Voting: The Maddening, Enlightening, Inspiring Truth About Voting in America by Erin Geiger Smith: 4 stars
- American Royals by Katharine McGee: 5 stars
- Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory: 2 stars
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward: 4 stars
- On Beauty by Zadie Smith: currently reading
My Questions For You!
- How was your September?
- How are you holding up?
- After my mom and I finish watching Queer Eye, what’s another fun/quirky show we could watch on Netflix?