I think I worked a total of 11.5 days this month. I had some vacation time to use up before the end of the year, and I’ve been off since December 20th (I took a half day that Friday). I don’t go back to work until Thursday; perks of the University being closed over Christmas. During the days I did work, it was getting everything ready for social posting over break and adding the university magazine to its digital site.
I’ve been running almost three times a week, and if I don’t run, I ride our stationary bike for an hour. It’s been mild here, like 40 degrees, which I’ll take over the freezing temps we normally have. I’m in my 10K training mode now. I started with running 4.5 miles and I’m increasing my distance by a half mile every two weeks so that by the middle of March when the 10K is, I’m running 7 miles. (I’m only doing one long run a week, which will be the increased distance.)
Whelp as of Sunday, the Giants’ season is over, and as of yesterday, the team doesn’t have a coach. For the third time in five seasons. Yay! Ugh.
What I’ve Been Watching
Lots of Christmas movies (like both the originals and sequels of The Santa Clause and Home Alone so much that I could probably recite them), Making It, and SVU reruns. I can’t wait for my shows to come back new in January.
- Arrested Development: I finally finished this series! I liked the first three seasons the best (those were the ones on Fox in the early 2000s), hated season four, and liked season five (those two were made by Netflix). I feel like you could skip season four and just watch season five since there is so much recapping in season five. But I’d recommend watching the first three.
- The West Wing: I had started watching this a few years ago but wanted to revive it. I’m halfway through season one now.
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: via DVD. It could have been an hour shorter, but the second half was good. The ending caught me off guard, but I really liked it.
What I’ve Been Reading
- Campusland by Scott Johnston: 5 stars
- Class Mom by Laurie Gelman: 3 stars
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman: 5 stars
- Mostly Dead Things by Kristen Arnett: 2 stars
- City of Windows by Robert Pobi: 4 stars
- Saints for All Occasions by J. Courtney Sullivan: 4 stars
- Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center: 4 stars
- The Other’s Gold by Elizabeth Ames: 2 stars
I’ve really enjoyed my winter break, and it’ll be hard to go back to work. My accomplishments have been: putting on jeans once, ran 14 miles so far, read 3 books so far, watched half a season of The West Wing, and bought a New York Giants onesie.
My Questions For You!
- How was your December?
- How were your holidays?
- Are you doing/did you do anything for New Year’s Eve?
- What’s one thing you’re looking forward to in 2020?