My apologies for being so MIA this month! It felt like I have something to do every single day. Ya girl is tired.
I haven’t been as busy as I thought I’d be with the start of the school year. At least it’s given me time to get ahead on some social media projects. Homecoming is this weekend, so I’ll be on campus all day Saturday to take pictures and post on social media. I’m determined to make a “Dogs of Homecoming” photo album because there are always a bunch of dogs at homecoming 😍
The ice cream shop closes October 27, and I honestly can’t wait. I worked every single weekend in August and although I had a few Saturdays off this month, I was there every other weekend day. It’s not hard work, but it’s just something I have to schedule my life around, ya know?
I ran three 5K races this month: The Big 5K / Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day / Great Escape. I’ve also been running three times a week, up until last week. I got a cold on Wednesday and surprisingly kept it under control so that it didn’t become a full blown cold. I bring this up in the “Running” section because on Monday—pre-cold—I agreed to sign up for a race Saturday morning. I was supposed to run Thursday afternoon but didn’t, and I stayed home from work Friday to just rest. I decided to skip the Saturday morning race; I wasn’t completely under the weather but with the congestion I had and my asthma, it probably wouldn’t be a good situation.
I’m going to start back up running tomorrow and Thursday. I have a race Sunday morning, and then my next and final one of the year is in the beginning of December. The only thing that’s going to suck is having to run outside in the cold again 🙃
So baseball’s regular season is over. That just kind of snuck up on me, not gonna lie. I hadn’t really watched a lot of Red Sox games. It just wasn’t as fun as last year. I’ll watch the playoffs, but I’m not sure who I’ll root for yet. (Just definitely not the Yankees.)
I finished the fantasy baseball season in tied for fourth place. At least it’s better than a seventh place last year. I guess the mockumentary Paul and I made in May might have jinxed Hate Us Cuz Yoenis.
The New York Giants are showing some promise, though, with Daniel Jones—a child—starting games at QB. The flags in yesterday’s game were ridiculous. Or the Redskins are just really bad at football.
I’m upset that Saquon Barkley is out for 4–8 weeks, not only because he’s the Giants’ best player but because he’s on my fantasy team. At least I also have Sterling Shepard, who they’ve been using in Barkley’s absence.
And I mean, Alabama football is always a powerhouse, so I don’t have much to worry about there, especially since they moved to No. 1 on the AP Top 25.
What I’ve Been Watching
I’m hoping (fingers crossed!) to have a post up on Thursday about the new fall shows I’ve been watching.
- Mindhunter: I found it kind of boring, so something might be wrong with me.
- The Good Place season four: This show is just really good and funny. I’d highly recommend watching it if you haven’t. The final season is airing now on NBC, and I’m recording it each week. It’s hard to not be able to binge watch it, though.
- How to Get Away with Murder: Still watching this. I’m almost done with season two.
What I’ve Been Reading
- Life is a Marathon: A Memoir of Love and Endurance by Matt Fitzgerald: 4 stars
- Unwritten: Bat Flips, the Fun Police, and Baseball’s New Future by Danny Knobler: 3 stars
- The Lager Queen of Minnesota by J. Ryan Stradal: 5 stars
- Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: A Therapist, Her Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb: 5 stars
- Because Internet by Gretchen McCulloch: currently reading
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: currently reading
I’m feeling a lot better now; I think the cold is officially gone. I normally don’t get sick, if anything, I get one cold a year around this time.
The temperature is almost fall, but apparently the heat is already on in my building at work, and it’s horrible. I shouldn’t have to still be using my desk fan. Speaking of my office, I’m putting up my Halloween decorations tomorrow!
My Questions For You
- How was your September?
- What’s one thing you’re looking forward to?
- Any plans for Halloween?
- Thoughts on the concept of Halloween as a holiday?
Speaking as a Redskins fan, they really are that bad. 😦 Especially this season for whatever reason…
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love Halloween. I just think it’s such a fun time with all the treats and the scary movies. My little sister’s birthday is on the 26th so she’s having a Halloween-themed bash. Since I’ll be at work on actual Halloween, that’s when I’ll celebrate.
LikeLiked by 1 person