Summer orientations are over, and now we’re just trying to get some projects done before classes start next month. It’s crazy to think that students will be moving in at the end of next month and then the fall semester will be starting. It was nice to have some time off from school year stuff, but I’m looking forward to having students back on campus and going to events.
I walked a 5K because it was 100 degrees outside. I also registered for three more races, which are back-to-back-to-back at the end of August into September. The one in the end of August I’m really excited for.
After my race, I only ran once during the week, mostly because I was replenishing all of the water I sweated out on Saturday. I planned out my running schedule for the next month, running three times a week, either at the track at my old high school or on campus after work.
Two weeks ago I ran a sub-30 minutes three miles (!!!). Not sure if I’ll be able to do that again soon. I’d like to. The race in August is completely flat, so I have a chance of getting a good time.
I currently have seven players on the DL on my fantasy team 😦
I’m going to another Hartford Yard Goats game next month, which I’m excited about. I’m watching Red Sox games here and there.
The trade deadline was very unexciting this year. The only trades that surprised me were the Indians/Reds/Padres three-way trade that sent Trevor “Look-I-can-throw-the-ball-into-center-field-from-the-pitching-mound” Bauer to the Reds and Yaisel Puig to the Indians and Zach Greinke going to the Astros.
I’m not surprised that the Red Sox didn’t make any moves but it’s like they completely checked out. Yeah we got Andrew Cashner earlier this month, but he’s just okay I guess. (He really needs to get rid of the beard. Like isn’t that itchy?)
What I’ve Been Watching
Younger, Whose Line is it Anyway, Catfish, Bar Rescue, Dr. Pimple Popper, and America’s Got Talent.
- Stranger Things: I LOVED THIS SHOW. If you haven’t watched it yet, GO WATCH IT! I normally don’t like paranormal stuff, but this was so good. I like that it focuses on the kids and how they work together. And I’m glad that Steve got less annoying because I love him now.
- In The Dark: I’m a little more than halfway through this show and I like it so far. It’s originally on The CW, and the first season is on Netflix. It’s about a blind woman who thinks her friend is dead, and since they didn’t find the body—she felt his face and that’s how she knew it was him—no one is taking her seriously. The show focuses on that as well as her day-to-day life being blind. She has a guide dog that’s a Golden Retriever named Pretzel.
What I’ve Been Reading
- The Perfect Alibi by Phillip Margolin: 1 star. (If I could give it 0 stars on Goodreads, I would. I didn’t like this book at all. I’ve never really hated a book, and I hated this one. And it sucked because this was my 30th book of the year, meaning that I reached my reading challenge for the year in the beginning of July.)
- The Overdue Life of Amy Byler by Kelly Harms: 4 stars
- I Miss You When I Blink by Mary Laura Philpott: 5 stars
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid: 4 stars
- Normal People by Sally Rooney: DNF (yeah, I know. I read half of the book and just couldn’t get into it.)
- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman: 3 stars
- The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary: 5 stars
- Park Avenue Summer by Renee Rosen: 4 stars
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger: currently reading
I also finally got a library bar code on my staff ID so I can take books out of the campus library! I’m so happy. Maybe that’s why I currently have four books out from two different libraries… (the campus library and my town library). I don’t have a book problem, I swear.
I got to see kittens this month! My mom’s friend fosters kittens—that’s how we got my cat, Stella—and we went over to play with the new litter. It helps them socialize and get used to people. And kitties are just so fun to play with.
My Questions for You!
- How was your July?
- Any plans for the rest of the summer?
- What’s the best thing you’ve done lately?