I had a pretty busy October!
- I ran my last 5K race of the year
- Josh and I went to an Oktoberfest beer tasting at the Springfield Museums
- We had some fall fun apple picking and having festive drinks and also did a beer tasting in a corn maze
- I finally replaced the lights in my bathroom!
- Josh and I went to a Getaway House in Moodus, CT
And it’s been great to see all of the foliage around my area. The changing leaves are one of my favorite parts of fall, along with the cooler weather. The whole “it gets darker earlier” thing sucks, though.
I did go to Walmart this month to get some new fall clothes: four sweaters, two waffle long-sleeve tops, and three pairs of jeans. All of it was affordable, and I’m surprised I was able to find jeans that fit me. I also had two trips to the library and the other night I went to Target, Barnes & Noble, and Marshall’s—supervised by Josh so that I didn’t buy the whole stores.
After my 5K race the first weekend this month, I haven’t run since. I’ve been busy, really. I have made time for some walks, and I recently acquired my parents’ old stationary bike that I can set up and ride in my living room while watching TV. I always forget how nice long walks are.
The Red Sox season ended earlier this month, and they were far from making the playoffs. I don’t think I watched a single Sox game this month because they were so bad. I caught parts of the playoff games, but I’m really uninterested in an Astros/Phillies World Series. (But go Phillies?)
Meanwhile, the Giants are 6–2?!?!!? Which is insane.
What I’m Watching
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- East New York
- FBI: Most Wanted
- New Amsterdam
- Law & Order
- Law & Order: SVU
- Law & Order: Organized Crime
- CSI: Vegas
- Do Revenge
- Dynasty (S1E1-S2E2)
- Gabriel Iglesias: Stadium Fluffy Live from Los Angeles
- Anxious People
- Below Deck Sailing Yacht (S3E2-S3E3)
What I’m Reading
- The Brutal Telling by Louise Penny: 5 stars
- Several People Are Typing by Calvin Kasulke: 4 stars
- Unlikely Animals by Annie Hartnett: 5 stars
- The Dead Romantics by Ashley Poston: 2 stars
- A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny: 4 stars
- Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny: 4 stars
- The Catch by Alison Fairbrother: 3 stars
My Questions For You!
- How was your month?
- Did you do anything for Halloween? (I’m staying in. Trick or treating isn’t a thing at my condo complex so I don’t have to worry about handing out candy.)
- What’s your favorite Halloween candy? (Reese’s peanut butter cups)
- What are you binge-watching right now?