(Since I now drink coffee, I decided to re-brand my monthly recaps! Feel free to bring any beverage you want, but I’ll be switching from tea to coffee 🙂)
This was quite a month. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced such a range of emotions before: stress, shock, anger, hopefulness, and sadness. I really hope February is better.
I got my hair done a few weeks ago, including a hair cut and more blond put in. I saw one of my co-workers/friends in person and hung out with her, which was really nice. That same friend is involved with a local theater group helping them with their graphic design needs, and I’ll be helping them out with their social media. I met with the publicity team the other night and they’re all really nice, and I’m excited to work with them.
I’ve run four times this month, once including on the treadmill. It’s cold here, and I’m definitely a fair-weather runner. It’s in the low teens this weekend, and there’s no way I’m leaving the house.
The St. Patrick’s Day race I was supposed to run in March was cancelled, and another 5K race I was supposed to do in the end of March was cancelled but they’re doing a virtual race and sending us the t-shirts anyway. I’m interested to see if there will be any in-person races at all this year.
I started the month with 13,000 words and I’m just over 14,600 now. I’m done with the first part—I’m writing it in months, so in this case I’m done with “September”—and I’m going back now to re-read and make any edits. I sort of fell off my schedule of writing—ya know, life—so I’m hoping in February I can finish re-reading it and start “October” especially since I have a bunch of notes and that whole month planned out. I just have to sit down and do it.
The Super Bowl is next weekend! I’m not happy that Tom Brady is in it, but at least the Patriots aren’t in it? I’ll have my pre-game/drinking game post out on Friday and a recap next week of the snacks we made and all of my thoughts.
What I’m Watching
- Las Vegas
- North Woods Law
- Mr. Mayor
- Law & Order: SVU
- Call Me Kat
- Prodigal Son
- The Unicorn
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- The Blacklist
- Resident Alien
- Arrested Development (S1E1-S1E15)
- Designated Survivor (S1E4-S2E5)
- History of Swear Words
- The Night Stalker
What I’m Reading
- Ghosting: A Love Story by Tash Skilton: 2 stars
- A Good Marriage by Kimberly McCreight: 4 stars
- How to Fail at Flirting by Denise Williams: 5 stars
- Just Us: An American Conversation by Claudia Rankine: 4 stars
- We Ride Upon Sticks by Quan Berry: 5 stars
- Leave the World Behind by Rumaan Alam: 1 star
- The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Daré: 4 stars
- Democracy in One Book or Less: How It Works, Why It Doesn’t, and Why Fixing It Is Easier Than You Think by David Litt: 5 stars
What I’m Listening To
- Bax & O’Brien
- Pod Save America
- What a Day
- That’s Messed Up: An SVU Podcast
- cheers—blackbear, Wiz Khalifa
- More Than My Hometown—Morgan Wallen
- Stay Next To Me—Quinn XCII, Chelsea Cutler
- long story short—Taylor Swift
- Better Off Dead—jxdn
- WITHOUT YOU—The Kid LAROI
- drivers license—Olivia Rodrigo
- Vineyard Nights (3:05)—DJ Bean
- Stay—Gracie Abrams
I spent some time last weekend painting bookmarks! I gave the one on the far right to my mom and I might paint some and send them to friends. I think my favorite one of the ones I made is the one with the cats.
My Questions For You!
- How was the end of 2020 for you?
- How was your January?
- Are you looking forward to anything in February?
- Anything else you’d like to talk about?