I worked a total of 11 day this month. I had to use up some vacation time, and we normally get Christmas Eve to New Year’s Day off ever year, and the break was extended to include December 21, 22, and 23, so I ended up with two weeks off. I wanted to have a project to work on, so I decided to completely re-do my bedroom. I’ll have a post out in the next couple of weeks about it!
Overall, this month wasn’t all that eventful, mostly staying home and reading. We didn’t visit any family for Christmas, and we’ll be staying in for New Year’s Eve aka I got to bed at 10:00 p.m.
I put together some resolutions for 2021, even though do we even know what will really happen next year?
I ran three times this month, which I guess is expected since it’s December in New England. I’m really missing the indoor track on campus at work.
My total milage for the year is 411.14. I ran 307.93 last year, so a little over 100 more miles this year. At the beginning of the year, I was super obsessed with my mile times, and it wasn’t healthy. It was making me hate running. I worked on this over the summer and now I’m really only concerned about my mile distance. I usually run between 3-4 miles; I haven’t run a 10K in months.
My running goals for next year include running when I feel like it and try to get into a routine once the weather gets nicer and I’m able to run outside. I’m still not sure if any races will be able to happen, at least in the first half of 2021, so maybe next fall there will be one in person?
The New York Giants are in third place in the NFC East and have a chance of making the postseason!!!!! What a wild 2020. This is how it can play out: If the Giants beat the Cowboys and the Eagles beat the Washington Football Team—both games are on Sunday—there would be a three-way tie at the top of the division. The Giants would win the East based off their 3-1 head-to-head record against Dallas and Washington. They would win with a 6-10 record. Woo hoo!!! It’s so incredibly Giants that it hurts.
I also proudly finished last in our fantasy football league. I’d like to think it takes some sort of talent to finish in last place out of 10 teams but maybe I’m just really bad at fantasy football…
What I’m Watching
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- FBI: Most Wanted
- Big Sky
- Dating #NoFilter
- Law & Order: SVU
- The Unicorn
- North Woods Law
- Lone Star Law
- Bargain Mansions
- Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas movies
- Good Girls (S2E4-S2E13)
- Dash & Lily (Episodes 1-8)
- Death to 2020
- Arrested Development (S1E1-S1E3)
What I’m Reading
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi: 4 stars
- The Opposite of Fate by Alison McGhee: 2 stars
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead: 4 stars
- The Love Story of Missy Carmichael by Beth Morrey: 5 stars
- Memorial by Bryan Washington: 4 stars
- Grown Ups by Emma Jane Unsworth: 4 stars
- Let the People Pick the President: The Case for Abolishing the Electoral College by Jesse Wegman: 4 stars
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama: 5 stars (and only a small tea stain…)
- The Boy Toy by Nicola Marsh: 3 stars
My total books read for the year is 84! 19 more than my goal of 65. My goal for next year is 75 books. And I’m starting a book journal!
My Questions For You!
- How was your December?
- Are you glad 2020 is over?
- Are you looking forward to anything happening soon?
- Anything else you’d like to talk about?