I actually took some time off this month. I had this past week off, and it was really nice. Nothing too exciting happened this month; I’m mostly looking forward to next month. Next week is the last week of classes, then finals week, and then we’ll have one work week before the University is closed for Christmas week.
Ugh. It’s cold out now. And I hate running in the cold. I started running back on the indoor track on campus, and I had a few rough runs inside. I’m not sure if my body got too used to running outside or what. I had some pretty good runs this week outside: 4.84 miles, 3.1 miles (in 31:01, my best 5K time so far for a regular run or race), and 2 miles this morning in 19:28.
My last 5K race of the year is scheduled for Monday but we’re supposed to get anywhere from six inches to a foot of snow Sunday into Monday, so I’m thinking it’ll get moved to the rain date on Tuesday. That race will be more for the experience than having a good time but I just don’t want to come in last haha.
It’s absolutely horrible being a New York Giants fan, and I’m watching the Iron Bowl between Alabama and Auburn right now and I want to tear my hair out.
What I’ve Been Watching
Prodigal Son, NCIS, Law & Order: SVU, Superstore, The Blacklist, The Good Place, New Amsterdam…basically everything I’ve been normally watching this fall.
- Atypical: WATCH THIS SHOW. It’s so cute. And funny. Go watch it now.
- The End of the F***ing World: I got four episodes in before calling it quits. I just don’t think it’s for me.
- Merry Happy Whatever: This is a Netflix original short series about a family at Christmas time. It’s cheesy funny but sometimes you just need something simple to watch.
What I’ve Been Reading
- Barack and Joe: The Making of an Extraordinary Partnership by Steven Levingston: 4 stars
- Say You Still Love Me by K.A. Tucker: 3 stars
- Out East: Memoir of a Montauk Summer by John Glynn: 4 stars
- Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes: 3 stars
- The Friend Zone by Abby Jimenez: 3 stars
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt: did not finish, stopped reading after 80 pages
- Campusland by Scott Johnston: currently reading
My Thanksgiving was pretty low-key. It was just me and my parents, and we stayed at home. I watched the Macy’s parade and the dog show, plus a lot of football.
We got our Christmas tree today! I’ll have a post next week about it and the Christmas decorations in my office. And in case you missed it, I participated in Festival of Trees again this year and took a trip for some good BBQ and beer.
I apologize for the pretty boring recap of the month. I really didn’t do much, which I guess isn’t a bad thing. I’ve been spending a lot of time in my room reading or watching Netflix.
My Questions For You!
- How was your Thanksgiving?
- Do you struggle with finding Christmas gifts as much as I do?
- Any upcoming plans in December?
- Has it snowed yet where you live/will it snow where you live/do you want it to snow?