We’re officially into the new academic year. Move-in was last weekend, and the first day of classes and Convocation were Monday. It’s a little weird to see students on campus, but it’s nice to have them back.
You can check out a more detailed recap of my summer here, because, yes, I do actually have to work during the summer.
Also they’re working on the air conditioning system in our building, and we didn’t have AC the last two days. Granted, it hasn’t been wicked hot this week, but we’re on the second floor of the building. My little desk fan turned on high can only do so much.
I’ve been running three times a week during this month, half outside and half inside. I started running four miles, mostly inside on the track but once out on campus. (That time I had to stop twice because my asthma wasn’t having it.) There was one day I ran 4.5 miles inside but stopped after 3 miles to catch my breath for a few minutes and stretch my calves.
I ran a 5K race last night that I’ll have a recap up about on Monday. I have a second race next Saturday and a third one the following Saturday. My total milage for the month—including the race last night—is 41.40 miles, my highest monthly total for the year.
I have a fantasy football draft Tuesday night I’m not prepared for. No one should be surprised. Send any and all help. The only thing I have is my team name.
Meanwhile fantasy baseball has been going okay. I’ve been floating around third place, and I still have a handful of guys on the IL.
I haven’t watched a Sox game in a while; if anything, I’ll watch a few innings here and there. It’s just not as fun as last year.
BUT college football is back! #RollTide
What I’ve Been Watching
Bar Rescue, America’s Got Talent, Younger, Whose Line is it Anyway, Catfish, The Foods That Built America, The Movies, Dating: No Filter, and Flip It Like Disick.
- In The Dark: I really liked this show and I think season two comes out next year on the CW. I get that channel, so I might keep an eye out and record it on my DVR.
- How to Get Away with Murder: I’m ~two seasons in and really like it. I stopped to watch The Family and Mindhunter but will be going back after I finish those shows.
- The Family: I watched four of out of five episodes before stopping. It wasn’t really for me, but you wouldn’t guess that considering I watched 80% of the series.
- Mindhunter: Season two came out a little while ago. I watched the first season last year and liked it but felt it kind of went off the rails toward the end. I’m giving this season a chance, but it seems a little boring to me. I’m a little more than halfway through and I’m just going to finish it out.
What I’ve Been Reading
- When Life Gives You Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger: 3 stars
- Tell Me Everything by Cambria Brockman: 2 stars
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren: 4 stars
- The City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert: 3 stars
- The Mother-in-Law by Sally Hepworth: 4 stars
- The Last Book Party by Karen Dukess: 1 star
- Dreyer’s English by Benjamin Dreyer: 5 stars
- Life is a Marathon: A Memoir of Love and Endurance by Matt Fitzgerald: currently reading
Up next: Unwritten: Bat Flips, the Fun Police, and Baseball’s New Future by Danny Knobler.
My parents took down our inflatable pool, so that means summer is officially over 😦 I’m enjoying the cooler temperatures and looking forward to the leaves changing. You know, typical #NewEngland things.
My Questions for You
- How was your August?
- Anything you’re looking forward to?
- Are you doing anything for Labor Day weekend?
- What are you watching on Netflix/Hulu/any other streaming service/TV?