Things really haven’t slowed down since it’s summer now like I thought they would. Orientations for the new students started this week, so there are more people on campus. We went to a few of the sessions and took some pictures for social media. It’s exciting to see the new students and their parents, and I really hope that they fall in love with the school like I did seven years ago when I was a freshman.
I’ve decided to torture myself and run outside in 90 degree weather because it’s finally summer in New England. Well, at least Mother Nature has finally figured out it’s summer.
Earlier this month, I ran a 5K, and I ran a one mile race yesterday; I’ll have a post up next week with my recap! So at the moment, I’m training for my 5K race in Newport in July. I’ve also began to incorporate sprint work into my running, and I’d like to think it helps with my speed. But my calves are SO sore. If I run on campus, I’ll walk/jog/sprint between light poles, and if I run in my neighborhood, it’s between telephone poles.
I can’t tell you the last time I watched an entire MLB game. I catch innings here and there, but most of the time, I’m in bed before 10:00 p.m. haha. I did go to a Yard Goats game last week, and I went to a summer collegiate game on Thursday, which I’ll also have a post about next week.
What I’ve Been Watching
TV: The Bold Type, The Fix, New Amsterdam…although I finished those toward the beginning of the month. I haven’t really had time lately to watch what else is in my DVR. I’ve been more on a Netflix kick lately. Oh, my mom and I watch America’s Got Talent and Younger, too.
- It’s Bruno: It was funny and focused around a dog, which I love.
- Vice: Via Netflix DVDs—yes, that still exists; I think my dad is one of the few people who still get DVDs from Netflix.
- Designated Survivor: The first three episodes
- Trinkets: 17 year olds nowadays don’t look like I did at 17, and high schools seem to be a lot nicer than the one I went to…well, aside from the fact that my high school shut down three years ago.
- Mr. Iglesias: I’m almost done with watching this, it’s only a 10 episode first season.
What I’ve Been Reading
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman: 5 stars
- The Better Sister by Alafair Burke: 4 stars
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane 5 stars
- When You Read This by Mary Adkins: 5 stars
- The Admissions by Meg Mitchell Moore: 4 stars
- How To Walk Away by Katherine Center: 4 stars
- Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis: 4 stars
- My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman: currently reading
I’ve been floating around the idea for a new story in my head, and it now lives in an untitled document in my Google Drive. I’ve been jotting down some of the funny things that happen at work—mostly things people said—and I’d like to use those in a story in some way. I’m still letting everything just float around because I don’t want to get in too deep too early.
I also think I like the idea of writing a story, but then I realize how much work writing a story actually is. So I’m just letting things simmer around for now until I decide to do something crazy like start another story.
My Questions For You
- How was your June?
- What’s the weather like where you are?
- Any fun summer plans coming up?
- What are you currently reading?