I hit my one year anniversary of working from home this month. I was one of those people last year who thought we’d be home for a few weeks; never did I think I’d be home a year later.
I’ve been keeping busy with the theater group I’m volunteering with. Working on the social posts for the upcoming productions is a good distraction for me at night, and they’re doing some fun productions in the spring and summer.
I’ve also picked up cross stitching as a new hobby. I ordered a Bernie Sanders with his mittens kit last month from Etsy and I’m almost done with it. I plan on doing a post about my experience first time cross stitching. I’ve already ordered another kit from Etsy (it’s ice cream related) for me to work on.
At the end of March two years ago, I did a 5K with one of my friends, and we were supposed to do it last year but our registrations got moved to this year. The race went virtual, so we decided to meet up at the track at the high school in town and run/walk it together. It was nice to get outside and also catch up with her. She’s 10 years older than me but we’ve always been close.
I’ve run 9 times/just over 26 miles this month, and I’m hoping to get on a more regular schedule next month as the weather gets nicer.
I actually wrote some words in my story! I’m just as surprised as you are. One night I was feeling stressed from work so I sat down and wrote 800 words. And it felt good. So maybe I can do it again sometime soon?
Baseball starts tomorrow! You’ll find me with the TV on all afternoon listening to the games while I work.
I’ve been watching random March Madness games here and there, really if nothing else is on. I’ll watch college basketball but I refuse to watch professional basketball. Go figure.
What I’m Watching
- Good Girls
- FBI: Most Wanted
- A Late Show with Stephen Colbert
- Resident Alien
- To Catch a Smuggler
- My Feet Are Killing Me
- Call Me Kat
- The Unicorn
- Arrested Development (S2E1-S2E4)
- Good Girls (S3E1-S3E11)
- Big Time Rush (S1E1-S1E15)
- The Half of It
What I’m Reading
- The Talented Miss Farwell by Emily Gray Tedrowe: 4 stars
- Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore: 2 stars
- A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum: 4 stars
- Happy & You Know It by Laura Hankin: 4 stars
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi: 5 stars
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman: 5 stars
- The Office of Historical Corrections by Danielle Evans: 4 stars
- Black Buck by Mateo Askaripour: 4 stars
- His Truth is Marching On: John Lewis and the Power of Hope by Jon Meacham: currently reading
(I hit 20 books read so far this year during March!)
My Questions For You!
- How was your March?
- Do you still believe it’s March 2020 or do you think it’s March 2021?
- Anything fun planned for April?