Thanks to Melissa over at Castles & Hurricanes and Bill at A Silly Place for the nominations! (I was also going to steal this from Aaron before I was nominated, so I’ll give him a shout out here, too!) If you’re not following either of them, go do it.
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
Chai tea latte, hot in the winter and iced in the summer.
2. What does your workstation look like?
You can check that out in this post!
3. Favourite food?
4. Favourite author?
Currently it’s Fredrik Backman.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
Not for me.
6. What is your favourite video game?
I don’t play anymore, but when I was younger, I was really obsessed with SSX3 for the PS2. It was a snowboarding game, and I remember playing it for hours.
And you can’t go wrong with Mario Kart, either. We have it for our Wii.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
8. Favourite movie?
Little Miss Sunshine.
9. Favourite book?
The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Your feelings are valid.
13. What project are you working on right now?
At work, my summer project is filling out SEO for the couple thousand pages on our website. I’m working through priority sections first, though. I have ~400 pages filled out in a spreadsheet so far.
As for myself personally, I’m still throwing around ideas for a new story in a Google doc. Who knows if I’ll actually start it.
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
I only got two C’s in high school: geometry and pre-calc. And in college, the lowest final class grade I got was a B. Math and sciences weren’t my best subjects, but I did good enough to pass. So, yeah, I did get good grades.
16. Dream job?
Marketing/communications for the Boston Red Sox.
17. Play any sports?
Nope. Does being an amateur runner count?
18. Do you have a degree?
I have a Master of Arts in Communication with a concentration in Public Relations and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication.
American. (But I’m part Swedish and Irish on my mom’s side, and a jumble of things on my dad’s, including French-Canadian.)
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post?
Is this referring to my favorite kind to write or my favorite kind to read? I guess my answer would be the same for both. I like reading about other people’s weekends or trips or something cool they did.
21. What do you like to collect?
Shoes I guess. I have tons.
22. Describe yourself in three words?
Witty, creative, trustworthy.
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be?
Becca with an I. (It’s a long story how I got that nickname.)
24. Who was the last person you DMed?
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
The three more 5Ks I have to sign up for this year.
26. Sorting house?
This is a Harry Potter thing, right? I never got on that bandwagon.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
None. I went through a phase last year where I wanted one but I sat on it for a week and the urge went away, thankfully.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
That I really like my job. The job search for 51 weeks that ended last year was rough. It’s nice that I didn’t spend a second this year looking at job postings.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Being able to run more consistently during the week.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Playing with kittens.
32. Favourite season?
Because I live in New England, we have four distinct seasons, and if we’re lucky, we get all four in one week! I’d probably have to say summer, although it does get really hot/humid. I like being outside more and it not being zero degrees.
33. Favourite holiday?
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
It’s more than one character, but I really like the main characters on The Bold Type.
35. Do you like surprises?
Depends, but I normally don’t.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Probably when my now-boss called me in the fall saying I got the job. Everything happened so quickly; the time between my application, interview, and getting the job was two weeks.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
I don’t think any surprise has.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
My friend’s mom does beautiful drawings, and I had her draw pictures of my pets to give to my mom as a gift for her birthday.
39. Do you like muffins?
Only chocolate chip.
40. Do you cook often?
Not since I moved back home. I could cook for myself in college, but now I take advantage of my mom’s cooking.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything with coffee flavoring.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
I refuse to eat mushrooms.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Pizza probably. I’m going to assume that I’m still up from a night out of drinking and pizza was always my go-to post-drinking meal.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be called?
How to Yell About Sports.
48. Best animated film?
The Toy Story franchise.
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
Before my ex and I started dating, since it was going to be my first relationship, he told me it was okay to go at my own pace and I could decide when we made it official.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Doing something that makes you feel comfortable with the other person and you’re not just counting down the minutes until you leave.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
I don’t know if it counts as a “thing” but I’m over dinner dates. So I guess have a sit down meal.
52. What’s the best pick up line?
I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
53. Best comic book character?
I don’t read comic books. Yeah, I know.
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse.
Chapstick, phone, book.
55. Favourite drink?
Barq’s root beer. (Be glad I went with a non-alcohol beverage.)
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be?
For some reason, I can’t figure out an answer for this question. I’ve left it blank and come back to it. I guess this means I don’t really have an extensive knowledge of history.
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
I don’t like sushi, so none.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Uh, I bought a lip color stick in January and hardly use it. But I use a lot of Chapstick.
60. What foundation do you use?
It’s some sort of CoverGirl powder foundation. I’m the worst at makeup.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t think I have one.
63. Favourite Disney character?
The horse from Tangled.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Going blueberry picking with my parents and then scooping in the afternoon.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
66. Movie that made you cry?
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
68. If your life was a song what would the title be?
“I Didn’t Plan It This Way”
69. What’s your favourite animal?
70. Favourite illustrator?
I don’t have one.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee* with?
And Andrew Benintendi.
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to decompress?
Running or watching Netflix.
I’m not tagging anyone, so feel free to answer all or some of the questions in the comments!